Marin Sanitary Service is in a unique position to provide complete recycling collection combined with an educational opportunity for any school or classroom (K-12) interested in participating. Our goal is to educate, equip and empower school districts, individual schools and/or classrooms to develop comprehensive waste reduction and recycling plans.
We can provide:
- Onsite assessment and evaluation of your recycling needs.
- Self-assessment tools ( Waste Assessment Instructions and Waste Assessment Worksheet)
- Curbside recycling containers
- Guide to Purchasing Recycling Containers for inside and outside the classroom
- Customized collection services
- Educational tours of our facility–free of charge! For more information on Tours
- Informative and interactive assemblies or activity workshops at your school
- Assistance with lunchtime sorting station monitoring during initial phases of your new program
Download MSS School Program Services letter for details.
Call our School Recycling Program Coordinator, Zoe Pearl, at (415) 456-2601 to get your school started with a recycling or composting program or simply improve your already existing program. Together, your school and Marin Sanitary Service can partner to help Marin reach the Zero Waste goals by 2025 and continue to be leaders in the waste reduction movement!