Theft of recyclable materials is illegal and may even put you at risk for identify theft. Marin Sanitary Service is partnering with the cities and towns in our jurisdictions to help prevent recyclables thefts and we need your help.
Did you know that MSS provides confidential document shredding services to families and businesses throughout Marin County to help prevent identity theft and protect client privacy?
We know that you work hard to sort and separate your recyclables and garbage. But, once they are separated and set out at the designated curbside collection location, only Marin Sanitary Service can lawfully remove the material.
For your safety, if you see someone other than an employee of Marin Sanitary Service removing recyclables from your cart or bin, DO NOT confront them.
1. License number of the car or vehicle
2. Detailed description of the vehicle and/or person(s)
3. Time of theft (This is especially helpful for persons not in a vehicle who visit the same street, week after week)
4. The location or address of the theft
You may report the incident by calling the non-emergency crime reporting line, which is 311, or you can visit your local law enforcement website for proper crime reporting procedures. If it is not an emergency DO NOT call 911.
• Marin County Sheriff's Office
o Phone: (415) 499-7250
o Website: http://www.marinsheriff.org/
• San Rafael Police Department
o Phone: (415) 485-3000
o Website: http://www.srpd.org/
• Larkspur Police Department (Twin Cities Police Authority)
o Phone: (415) 453-1453
• San Anselmo Police Department
o Phone: (415) 258-4610
• Fairfax Police Department
o Phone: (415) 453-5330
o Website: http://www.fairfaxpd.org/
• Ross Police Department